Monday, November 24, 2008

Ryan Miller Meet and Greet and #9's Behind

I got home from Buffalo last night around 2am. What a great weekend!!!


Ok so the game....not so great. I had pretty high hopes that we were going to beat the Islanders. 7-1 last time! 7 to 1! I was pretty psyched to see Mancari score though! Holler! What was I not psyched about? I was not a happy camper to see Ryan on the bench. I don't mind Lalime at all. I think he's great. But when I drive 3 hours to see a game, I want to watch Ryan. Also, I pretty much want to sit in the top row of the arena all the time! Top row's the way to go! We made some pretty dandy signs to put up on the wall too. hahahaha

After the game we discovered possibly the best thing to ever happen to downtown Buffalo. "Level" nightclub and Vitamin Water were throwing a bash for Derek Roy to support him and all-star voting. If that isn't great enough guess what this shin-dig was called! Wait for it...."GET BEHIND #9!" Is that not the funniest thing you ever heard?! I bet his "P.A" was first in line to "get behind."

The tree lighting was pretty cool. It was so cute to see everyone so "christmasy." Ryan Miller was so great with all the kids. He came out early and signed everything from jerseys to reindeer antlers. As much as I love him, and that's really a lot, he's quite awkward. His speech was so great and odd at the same time. Here's the cliffs notes version.....Ryan wants the ugliest holiday sweater he can find to make all the hockey wives cringe at the Christmas party. When Miller and "Big Goose Tall Goose" lived together they left their tree up until March. It was for the "ambiance." I also loved when Ryan thanked the mayor and nobody really clapped until he said "yay? everybody clap?" hahaha good times! Lucinda took a video of his speech but I'll let her post that.


The Meet and Greet was really nice! It was in a small room at the Smith Theatre next to Shea's. Tables were set with peppermint filled bowls and poinsettias and Christmas music was playing. There was a large table set up with dunkin donuts, coffee and hot chocolate. So cute! I was with my sister getting some coffee when Ryan came in. He grabbed a doughnut (omg he's so skinny! eat more doughnuts ryan!) and some hot chocoate and mingled his way through the room. His autograph table was in the corner of the room. He sat there and played with his iphone until everyone was ready to go.


He was so nice and it was a great time! The Rockette's show was AMAZING! I cried my eyes out at the end. I had a feeling I would. Oh....and we spotted another Sabre in the audience with his wife and 2 adorable daughters. The Numminens. They were so cute! Pretty much the best weekend ever. End of story.











R

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Zaaaanggg Ryan is such a PIMP with those Rockettes...I knew it.

I was at Rotary Rink and he was funny. I laughed too when he was like, "Umm...." when no one clapped for the mayor haha. Awwwkwarddd. And it was awesome when he called Gaustad "Big, Tall Goose". Glad you got to meet him, looks like the meet and greet was a lot of fun!

Shelby said...

I love your signs! It looks like you spent a lot of time on them, too.

Regardless of the score of the game, it sounds like you had a pretty awesome time at the game. I agree that the top rows are always the way to go. It's so much fun up there!

Hehe, and thank you for providing a picture of Ryan standing with the Rockettes. I wanted to see how awkward he looked standing next to them. :P His body is probably lankier than theirs are.

Unknown said...

I give Miller points for using the word "ambiance" during his speech. I can't wait to see the video of it when its posted.

Jill said...

AWWW!!! He 's so funny! I love he quirky sense of humor! I have the same odd sense of humor... and for nobody to clap for the mayor geez that's rude.

He looks awful happy to between all dem ladies! HA! Pimp Daddy Ry! You go boy! He went.

I wonder what he eats... maybe he allotted him self some junk food eating that night... LOL! Or maybe he eats lots of junk food and its second nature to grab a donut... I always wondered what a skinny boy professional athlete would eat. I know what hubby eats... he is a skinny boy like him... and he works out all day long... and he eats a variety of stuff and junk.

Rachael said...

I give Miller points for using the word "ambiance" during his speech.

hahaha it was so funny!

R

Rachael said...

I wonder what he eats... maybe he allotted him self some junk food eating that night...

I always pictured him as the health nut type...he sure seemed to be enjoying that doughnut though! lol

R