Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vocab. word of the Day!

The word of the day is Mouse Potato. Actually it's two words....but whatever. Mouse Potato.





The word of the day is brought to you by the children's television workshop and Drew Stafford. After watching his adorable post-game interview I thought to myself, "what the hell is a mouse potato?!" Google took me to Merriam-Webster's online dictionary.


Main Entry: mouse potato
Function: noun
Etymology: after couch potato
Date: 1993
slang : a person who spends a great deal of time using a computer


Is this really a common term? I thought Drew just made up a random word for lack of better things to spontaneously say to the press? Clearly I will try to work "mouse potato" into my everyday vocabulary.


The Pigeon has a new home. A good home. A home with a nice view and all the Enlyten Sportstrips he could ever want. Has anyone noticed that this pigeon is pretty damn popular with the media? Everyone asks about the pigeon and all he does is sit in the locker and do nothing. It's like the Paris Hilton of the taxidermy world.

R

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thank you for the education on the mouse potato! I seriously thought it was made up as well! Wow... I am shocked! I am getting old! LOL!