Monday, October 20, 2008

Baby it's cold outside!

Holy crap is it cold outside! The news is calling for snow this week. It's October for crying out loud! Good thing I just bought an amazing new pair of teal boots! It's funny that it's cold because all day I've wanted one thing and one thing only....



You can't even buy Breakaway Berrier here! Damn you Ryan for making such a tasty treat....and being so adorable while doing so!


While I'm on the subject of the love of my life, (Ryan...not the ice cream) I just want to comment on his most recent blog over at http://www.millertime30.com/. Ryan talks about how it's been just over a year since the passing of his cousin Matt and talks about his organization "The Steadfast Foundation." In his entry he talks about how the reality of cancer not only "slaps you in the face, but runs you over" and how Matt was his inspiration to start the foundation. (http://www.thesteadfastfoundation.com/) Head on over and read his words. Get inspired. Help make a difference! I myself have donated to steadfast and can't wait to attend "Catwalk for Charity III." Last year was a blast!

At our dance studio I started a Relay for Life team. Relay is the main fundraising event for the American Cancer Society. During the 5 years our team has participated we have raised over $25,000 for cancer research. October is breast cancer awareness month. If you have never gotten involved before now is a great time to start! Start a relay time! To learn more about Relay for Life in your community go to http://www.cancer.org/.

R

4 comments:

Caroline said...

His ice cream is really good...om nom nom.

That blog entry was really touching and it's really sweet of him to share his thoughts with his fans. I enjoy his blog updates! I was at Catwalk for Charity last year and it was one of the best nights ever. I'll definitely be there again next year.

Cari said...

You can't even buy Breakaway Berrier here!

I got some at Tops a couple weeks ago, actually. It's a limited edition flavor, though, so it's harder to find.

Rachael said...

"I was at Catwalk for Charity last year and it was one of the best nights ever. I'll definitely be there again next year."


I was too! Seeing Ryan hold that puppy clearly was worth the price of admission. lol I can't wait to go again!

R

Rachael said...

"I got some at Tops a couple weeks ago, actually. It's a limited edition flavor, though, so it's harder to find."


I live in Watertown so I NEVER get it! Booooo!!! My neighbor actually owns a grocery store and sometimes she special orders it for me! Huzzah!

R