Sunday, October 19, 2008

It had to happen sometime right?

Why is it always the Thrashers that have to end our streak? Rewind back and remember that Atlanta also put a stop to our 10-0 season of glory! Oh well...can't win every game. The Sabres did leave with 1 point which puts us up to 9 points out of a possible 10. Not too shabby! Great goal by Pommers to tie the game with 3:08 left in the 3rd period, and of course Thomas Vanek adding another gold star to his achievement chart on his refrigerator!



Now lets talk shootout.....I would just like to say WTF SABRES.COM?!? Reading the recap of the game I see this......

"Kovalchuk, Atlanta's second shooter in the tiebreaker, beat Patrick Lalime for the first goal. Buffalo tied it with its second skater, Ales Kotalik, who scored on Lehtonen.
Kozlov gave the Thrashers the lead, and they finished off the victory when Buffalo leading scorer Thomas Vanek shot wide."




Now I KNOW the amaretto sour I was drinking didn't cloud my vision THAT bad! Was it not Mr. Drew Stafford that netted the puck for the Sabres? Kotalik shot first and missed. Drew Scored. Thomath missed. Where's the Stafford love I ask you? Do the webmasters @ Sabres.com not love him as much as I do? They should hang their heads in shame. In a few days I'm pretty sure the Sabres will call and ask me to take over as webmaster.





R

4 comments:

Jill said...

You are correct... Staffy did net it... and you obviously didn't drink too many... you clearly remembered!

Jay said...

Hey, Jill's hubby here ~ welcome to the Sabres' blogosphere! I sent her over her to check you guys out since we share the Miller love in our house too. Even our 6 year old daughter knows when its Miller Time!!

Rachael said...

It's always Miller Time! :O)

Jill said...

Thanks for the add!