Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekend Ramblings

I haven't had time to blog all weekend so I thought I'd jumble everything together tonight. So sit back, relax, and get ready for a pretty long post written by moi! (Which is pretty rare!)


So let's start with Friday night's game vs. the Sharks. WOW! It's been a LONG time since I've seen the team make a comeback like that. I just about fell off my chair when Pommers tipped in that goal. I was so relieved that the team could pull off a win for the city. What a horrible tragedy for everyone to have to go through. My thoughts and prayers are still with all the victims and those affected. Lindy Ruff had this to say after the game....

"I think, yeah, ever so small, this event turned out to be a positive night," Ruff said. "Though it is a hockey game, it was a good ending. It's a positive feeling. We needed it. I think our fans needed it."

So true. It's kind of like after 9/11 when Saturday Night Live went back on the air. People needed to laugh. People needed to smile. People needed something to forget about life for awhile.

Thank you Sabres for being that distraction. Thank you Ryan Miller for throwing the puck at Milan Michalek after stopping his shot. That sure made me smile!


Saturday was Valentine's Day. I really have nothing to say about this. I have no Valentine. *sigh*

I read a story on http://www.newzjunky.com/ today about a couple that got married in Syracuse yesterday. After the ceremony they donned their SU gear and went to cheer on the team. When SU beat Georgetown they began their normal wedding reception. HOW GREAT IS THAT?! I would totally go to a Sabres game on my wedding day! I've always said I wanted my wedding pictures taken center ice at the arena. Maybe next Valentines Day.......or I'll just have to go with play B.....standing outside Ryan's house playing songs to make him fall in love with me a-la-say anything.


Moving on to tonight's game vs. the Hurricanes. OY! I didn't watch the whole thing but clearly I didn't really miss anything. I watched Miller start the game. I went to eat dinner. Miller was gone. Never a good sign. Seriously I didn't see one thing that I can comment on. Shutouts are great....not when you're on the side with the goose egg! And speaking of Goose, Lindy said he could be ready to play Thursday. Fingers crossed!

Last but not least I'd like to welcome http://www.nhlsnipers.com to my blog roll! VERY cool site so make sure to go check it out!

R

3 comments:

Jill said...

Ohhh Sabres game wedding pics! That would rawk!

Rachael said...

I've always wanted to do that. Now all I have to do is find a fiance! LoL

Anonymous said...

My brother and his wife were going to have pictures taken at center ice but then they either didn't call in time or it was too expensive, I don't remember which but it would have been wicked cool.