Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Drew x2

What a game tonight by the Sabres! Please excuse my stupidity in my previous post. I got the leafs game mixed up with the oilers game. Woops. Moving on.....


My first thought of tonight centers on Mr. Justin Pogge. First home start for this kid all season. You'd think I'd be a little excited for him.....but nope. Not at all. All I could think about were fun nicknames to taunt him with. Lucinda had a good suggestion with "pierogi." I do like those. I do not like him. So I decided to go with POGS for the rest of the game.

Hahahahaha remember those? "NICE SAVE THERE POGS!"

Anywho.....end of the 1st period and the Sabres had a nice 3-0 lead thanks to Drew "I'm not Joey Ramone" Stafford, Dan Paille and Matt Ellis. I don't know about you but I bet you agree with me in saying it should have been a 4-0 lead. Pommers goal definitely should have counted. The net was completely on and I really don't think he made a "forward chest movement." Oh Well.

No highlights for the 2nd period really. The leafs' Paval Kubina scored a power play goal to make the score 3-1.

I know I mentioned before how much I hated VS. Chris Simpson? Really? Could her boobs have been hanging out anymore? Real professional there chicky. Cover those up because I really don't enjoy you interviewing my beloved team looking like that. Ok. Thanks.

3rd period came around and Drew scored ANOTHER goal! YAY!!!!! Finally I get to actually SEE Drew Stafford being awesome and not have to hear it on the radio! Stafford's goal was the game winner and made the final 4-1 Sabres.

Here's my 3 stars of the game.

1. Drew Stafford. 2 goals and setting his personal season high with his 16th and 17th of the season. I hope you get the pigeon tonight again buddy!

2. Ryan Miller. Stopped 26 of 27 shots tonight and made some GREAT saves! Nothing new though right?

3. Dan Paielle. A goal and an assist tonight.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

POGS! Those things ruled my life when I was a kid...along with hockey cards. Remember the slammers? The extra cool ones were sparkly and/or scented or something like that. Hell yeah.

Jill said...

Your 3 Stars are starriffic! LOL!