Thursday, January 8, 2009

Should I be excited about this?

Barenaked Ladies have been one of my favorite bands for quite sometime. In fact I'm one of those snotty fans who if somebody tells me, "Hey yeah I love BNL! One Week is the best song ever" I will roll my eyes at you. Seriously. If you don't own "Born on a Pirate Ship" don't speak to me. I love Ed Robinson. He can be my Yoko Ono any day!


See! Clearly we're bffs! But really I'm not sure how I feel about their version of the Hockey Night in Canada theme song? You can listen to it here: http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip125845#clip125845
It's fun and all. Very BNL. But if that were to come on before a Sabres game I really don't think it would pump me up for the game? And seeing you in those ugly Sens and Leafs jerseys just makes me sad boys.

In other news, today was my long day @ the dance studio. During my lunch break I got a Sabres text and I thought "Oh great, Tim Connolly must have gotten hit by a car or something." But NO! It was to inform me that Thomas Vanek had been added to the Eastern Conference All Star team! Woohoo!!! Yay Thomath! You're thuch a thuperthstar! However I can't lie to you people. We're too close. I feel I can speak openly and freely. And I'm speaking freely when I say WHAT THE HELL?!?! WHERE'S MY TEXT MESSAGE TELLING ME ABOUT RYAN BEING ON THE ALL STAR TEAM TOO?!?!?! How can there be a Soupy and Ryan reunion now? Someone please tell my that my in-box was full and I just didn't get the message and tomorrow everything will be ok!

R

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Don't worry! There will be a Soupy and Millsy reunion when the Sabres play in Chi-Town.

Cute picture, by the way! :)

Shelby said...

My girlfriend looooves BNL. We usually listen to them in the car whenever we're going somewhere, haha. I've learned plenty of new songs!