Friday, January 2, 2009

"Don't be a hot dog! It's not the Canadian way!"

I really enjoyed watching yesterday's Winter Classic from Chicago but I've made a very important decision in my life. I'm never going to root for the team I want to win again. Obviously I wanted the Sabres to win last year.
Strike 1.
Yesterday I was really pulling for my Chicago boyfriend Sharpie.
Strike 2.
Oh well. It was still really awesome to see. I loved how everyone in the crowd had a paper to hold over their head so it spelled Winter Classic. There's not one photo of this on getty. WTF GETTY! I watched the CBC broadcast and have decided that Don Cherry is indeed a nutbag...yet still fun to watch. Quote of the day definitely came from Cherry! "Don't be a hot dog! It's not the Canadian way!"

From a photographers point of view there were some amazing shots on getty of the classic. Check out some of my favorites....


As for the Sabres game yesterday.....I didn't even get to see it. But I'm really happy they beat the Leafs! Way to start the year off with a bang guys! Keep it up!

R

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Attention Soupy:

I still love you even though the penalty you got caused Detroit to tie up the game and then go on to win it.

With love from your Soulmate!
L