Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What a day!

Today was trade deadline day. I was pretty excited to see what would unfold. I was pretty pumped about the Vermette trade only because I think he's pretty nice looking. With him no longer being a Sen I'm free to admire him. hahaha
Sabres signed Connolly for 2 more years.....whatever. I know there are a lot of people out there that are really pumped about this news. Me not so much. But whatever. If he stays healthy then I'll be happy.
Mikael Tellqvist was acquired from Phoenix. This made me quite nervous. I can understand wanting to having a backup goalie with nhl experience, but it makes me think Miller isn't coming back for the rest of the season. HEARTBREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dominic Moore also jumped on the Sabre train from Leaf nation. Oh my God I just typed Leaf Nation. Ew.
Sad news of the day is Al Kotalik going to Edmonton. I'm gonna miss you Al. All the times we shared @ Chefs while you ate your pasta and I laughed your hats and spice girl glasses. I hope you coached everyone in shootout before you left.
In even sadder news.....Max Afinogenov is still a Sabre.

GOOD NEWS.....Buffalo beat Montreal tonight 5-1. Patty was 1:06 away from a shutout. SO CLOSE! What a great game tonight though! I didn't get to see the 3 stars of the game but my personal star goes to the Goose! How adorable was he after his shorty?! He was freakin giddy on the bench! LoL
Thomas Vanek made his return wearing his "Silence of the Lambs" mask. Glad he's back out there.

Dear Sabres,
Please play this well next weekend when I actually get to come watch you. K thanks!
Love,
Rachael

2 comments:

Caroline said...

but it makes me think Miller isn't coming back for the rest of the season.

Darcy said that he expects Miller to return before the end of the season, they are just unsure exactly when that is, so that's why they acquired another goalie. Ruff said yesterday that Ryan is progressing well, so that's something positive.

Jill said...

Ankle gate is KILLING me! OMG I miss Ryan and his post game interviews! *sighs* But Patty has been a nice fill in so far! The news from Darcy and Lindy was good! So we will expect a return from Ryan before the season is up *staring at Ryan's left ankle with a wonky eyebrow*