Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Does Afinogenov WANT to go?

According to the Buffalo news Afinogenov has had some good practices with the team and is hoping to play against the Habs but Lindy isn't sure yet. Max talked to the press in Long Island.

"I've been here for like 10 years. All my career," said Afinogenov. "Played all my games here. All my friends [are] here. My home here. I want to be here. But just for once, I want to play. If I'm sitting, there's no reason for me to be here."



I think Max has scored 2 goals all season? If he isn't moved Darcy really is dumb. What do you guys think will be done with Max? What do you think we can get for him?

4 comments:

Jill said...

Sadly he was already dangled in front of everyone and no one wanted him... and I don't think we would get much for him...

I think what he is saying if the Sabres won't let him play then he is willing to play for another team... I say fly away little birdie fly away.

Caroline said...

I think Darcy has been trying to move Max for quite some time, but hasn't gotten any takers. It's a shame because I can feel for Max, it must be beyond frustrating having to sit up in the press box night in and night out, and not being able to go to a team because no one is showing any interest.

Shelby said...

For Max, we could get a bag of pucks.

Okay, honestly, I don't know. Maybe some later draft picks, but I don't think we'd be able to get a player...unless that team is truly desperate that takes Max.

Rachael said...

In way it's sad because he's SO fast. If he could just finish what he starts. Sigh....